COVID-19 VACCINE PROGRAMME
This practice is only offering COVID-19 vaccinations to those patients in priority groups 1-9 who have not yet had their first dose or are awaiting a second dose. Please do not contact us unless you are in of these groups.
If you are in the priority groups 10 - 12 (patients aged 49 down to 18) you will need to book your appointment via the national NHS booking service when your age group becomes eligible. This will allow you to find a suitable date and time at another site including the Kassam Stadium vaccination centre (or other large centre in a neighbouring county) and a participating community pharmacy. If you do not have access to the interent, you can phone the Covid Vaccination Helpline on 119 for assistance.
We will continue to run vaccination clinics from Carterton Health Centre in partnership with Burford Surgery, Bampton Medical Centre and Charlbury Medical Centre, for all patients who had a 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine. For those who received a 1st dose of the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine, these will be carried out from Broadshires Health Centre. Dates and times of these clinics will be notified when patients are called for their 2nd dose.
Our reception team are very busy inviting patients, so please do not contact the surgery to ask for the vaccine. We will contact you when it is your turn to receive it.
There are some things which you can do to help us complete this very large vaccination campaign as quickly and efficiently as possible.
STEP 1 - Before we ring you to invite you for the vaccine, please make sure that we have up to date phone contact details for you. You can notify us of a change in your contact details by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2 - After you have booked your appointment please;
-read the Government’s information about the vaccine so that you understand why it is important to get vaccinated and feel confident about your decision to have it.
-contact Volunteer Link-Up on 01993 776277 if you are going to need transport to Carterton Health Centre
Covid Vaccination Consent Form, please click here
-check this website for updates. Some practices in other parts of the country have had to cancel vaccination clinics due to delayed deliveries. The current status of forthcoming vaccination clinics is as follows;
STEP 3 - When you attend for your appointment please; - go to either the Carterton Health Centre, Alvescot Road, Carterton OX18 3LJ. (Between Aldi and the library) or Broadshires Health Centre, you will be told at the time of booking which site to go to.
- arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time, as we have limited car parking space. If you have been told to come to Broadshires Health Centre for your vaccination, please park in the side road next to the Health Centre, to ease congestion at the surgery car park.
- wear clothing which will enable access to your upper arm with the minimum of fuss and inconvenience.
- enter the building on your own. There is limited space and we need to maintain social-distancing.
- wear a face-mask and sterilise your hands as you enter the building. Sanitiser will be provided.
STEP 4 - After you have had the vaccination please;
- follow the instructions you are given. If you have been given the Pfizer vaccine, you will need to complete an observation period of 15 minutes in the waiting room.
- when you are told you can go, please leave the car park immediately to make room for those arriving.
- read the leaflet What to Expect After the Vaccination
Welcome To The Broadshires Health Centre
The Broadshires Health Centre is a modern purpose-built complex. Opened in March 2001, the health centre has brought together many aspects of primary health care under one roof. There is also a dentist and a pharmacy situated on the same site.
Reception is open weekdays 8:00am - 6:30pm Doctors’ surgeries are at varying times during this period. Please note that a normal consultation is 10 minutes' duration and is for ONE person only. If you require other members of your family to be seen by a doctor, they will require individual appointments.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
(Site updated 16/06/2021)